Thursday, December 27, 2007

visit with the Baileys

The original reason for our trip to the Atlanta area was a wedding. Matt's cousin, Jake, got married on Friday night. Here is a (not so great) picture of the kids in their wedding clothes. Nathan wasn't too cooperative. He was having too much fun making silly faces. At least you get a good view of Caroline's four teeth here. She also has a fifth that had just broken through and a sixth very very close.


While we were there, we stayed with Matt's cousin Josh (brother of the groom) and his family. Elizabeth was so nice to get everything prepared for us in the midst of the craziness of the wedding and Christmas and birthday and such. We were kinda passing with all we had to do, but we had a little time to hang out on Saturday morning. Here is Kate and Caroline playing with the portable booster seat.


Elizabeth read a book at (I think) Nathan's request. He sat and listened very patiently as is his usual style. Kate was also very interested in the book - though not sitting quite as still. Caroline could have cared less except that she wanted to see what everyone was doing. "Forget the book", she says, "I like people!"


While we were all sitting around, Josh and Matt cleaned up from the great breakfast that Elizabeth fixed special for Nathan's birthday. We had big ol' cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs. Nathan was especially excited about the cinnamon rolls. Just before they finished, Kate headed to the kitchen to see her Daddy. About that time, he headed down the hall to put up the broom. So, she turned around and followed him down the hall. A moment later, they came back down the hall sweeping. It was very cute!


Nathan had a couple presents to open for his actual birthday (he got most of them for his party a couple weeks earlier). He was very excited to get a couple new trains from Uncle Sean and Aunt Lisa!


Thanks again to the Baileys for allowing us to use their home when they were so busy and for making extra effort to make Nathan's birthday special!

3 comments:

Ldani said...

Thanks for the picture of Nathan with the trains.

Elizabeth said...

I didn't get very good pics of the kids (I was too busy!!), so I'm glad you did. We loved having you guys! If you have any other good shots would you mind e'mailing them to me?

Happy New Year!

j.j. said...

I'm glad you guys were able to come. Unfortunately I feel like I barely talked to you at all! It was such a crazy weekend!!