Yesterday, while riding down the road, Nathan said something like this to me: "When we went to see Grandma at the hospital the first time, we had to take the 2nd elevator. Then, we had to go around the corner to her room." He was right. We had to go to the 2nd floor to see Grandma when she was in the hospital in WR. Given this random remembrance, I asked him what about in Macon. He responded like this "We went to the 4th elevator. Then, we had to go back to the 3rd one to walk across the bridge to the parking deck." I have to say, he has a memory for some very strange things! It amazes me that he can be right about such a little part of the memory. Maybe it's just an ability to remember numbers?
This morning, I was singing "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" while working in the same room where Nathan was playing. He stopped and said to me "Mommy, you are praising God." I am so glad that he at least has some concept of that idea. It's often hard to know just how much kids really "get", but it's nice to see some sparks.
4 comments:
Brings tears to my eyes and a smile on my face!
great stories. you have to teach him the word precocious. Although I guess having a 4 yr old (is that right?) say, "I'm precocious" isn't quite as cute as a 2.5 yr old (Lydia).
He's not quite four, but I think you're right...it wouldn't be quite as cute. :)
It's definitely more than numbers. It's directions also. Some people can do numbers and not directions, vice versa, neither, or both. Looks like Nathan can do both.
Post a Comment