Saturday, November 03, 2007

DOWT - Part 3

When we got off the train we were going to go see Sir Topham Hatt and Thomas to take pictures. Surprisingly, Nathan was more excited about getting to see Sir Topham Hatt. So...we went there first. When he got his turn. He turned into the silly Nathan that we love! I couldn't resist including several pictures. You might have to look at them large size to get the full enjoyment.




Then, we headed for the line to take pictures with Thomas. While Matt and the kids waited in line, I went to get a picture of the whole train.


Nathan wanted to do his hand like you do to get truckers to blow their whistle. I guess he was hoping that Thomas would "peep peep" for him.


We got our turn up in front of Thomas. I actually didn't get any pictures that I loved from this location. I thought I would include one anyway.


And here is one at a better angle (in my opinion).

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good pictures. What a fun trip! I had never seen Thomas until a few weeks ago. I didn't realize that it was not a cartoon, really. And, that it's not animated. I found it a little hard to imagine that kids would LOVE this thing more than something more along the lines of Clifford. . It seems like it takes more imagination from the watcher? And, a lot of perserverance! Has Nathan always loved it? When did he start watching? Did he love trains BEFORE he watched Thomas. I only watched a few minutes, since I didn't have a real REASON to watch. But, I'd be interested to hear what you like about it.

JM said...

Initially, we got him some trains that were just generic (and much cheaper). We had no intention of going the Thomas route. However, once Nathan fell in love with trains, people bought him Thomas stuff. And then he fell in love with Thomas. I think the part he likes is having characters and stories. He has a great imagination, so it gives him something to pretend with his trains. We have given in and bought him some of the Thomas engines. However, we're definitely not buying into the whole "get everything Thomas" craze.