Tuesday, September 09, 2008

swimming again

We went swimming again in August. Well...Matt and the kids went swimming. I actually enjoyed NOT swimming and just watching and taking pictures and video. The kids are doing pretty well. Caroline loves it (as always) and Nathan is getting braver.


Here is Nathan working on his kicking.


Once Caroline had her fill of swimming, she enjoyed hanging out in the kid chair and watching the butterflies and bees.


Just a couple of quick after-swim pictures of the kids.



And here are a few videos. This first one was supposed to be Nathan swimming, but he decided to be silly. You can see Caroline in the background turning circles and kicking, though.



And in this one, Nathan is showing off how well he is kicking while swimming. If we could just go to the pool more often, we might have him swimming with no flotation device.



And here is the big one. Matt somehow got Nathan to let him throw him into the pool. I was very impressed that Nathan did it. However, once he did it the first time, he was ready to go again lots of times. I had an actual video of this, but I liked the still photos put together better. So, here is Nathan being thrown into the pool.

3 comments:

Ldani said...

Do you think Caroline being so brave has helped Nathn become braver?

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That is so great! Kate has gotten dunked several times (not really on purpose) and comes out ok; I can't wait to see what next summer holds? I'm really thinking of enrolling her in a swim class next year before pool season opens. Since we're over there so much (and up at the lake), I really want her to learn to be SAFE as quickly as possible! Like, what to do if she falls in w/out any floaties on! But, since we are at the pool so often, I wonder if I just can't "teach" her myself. . . Those still pics were really fun!

JM said...

I don't think it has had much to do with it. Mostly, we've just forced him to do things and he's decided that they weren't as bad as he thought.