So, we have now made it through four days of preschool. Everything seems to be going well. Nathan is enjoying himself and making friends. Caroline and I are working to find our school morning groove.
To back up just a bit, the first day of school was a little different from the others. After the kids were all dropped off, the parents had an orientation meeting. Then, the kids finished up earlier than normal. So, last Friday was the first normal day of school. I have to say, it was definitely a weird feeling dropping Nathan off at his class and then getting in the car and leaving. It was a little bit hard. But instead of letting myself get too sad, Caroline and I can home and did lots of housework. We stayed busy! I did, however, watch the clock all morning...afraid that I would forget that I needed to go back and pick Nathan up. Luckily, all went well. Nathan was picked up on time, and Mommy survived.
We haven't made too big of a deal about school. We're treating it like just another activity. I think that has helped both Nathan and I. I do think, though, that Caroline has been missing Nathan in the mornings. It is a strange thing for her to not have him around telling her what to do all the time. :)
2 comments:
Glad to hear it's going well. Hopefully you can get more details about school out of Nathan than I get out of Jaybird. I guess it's payback for all the times I said "nothing" when my parents asked what I did at school that day!
His updates usually go something like this..."we played, colored, painted - that's all".
Post a Comment