Thursday, September 11, 2008

first soccer game

Nathan's first soccer game was supposed to be on August 23rd. But it was rained out. So, his actual first game was on August 30th. Let's just say that it was a very interesting game. Nathan's team was very tentative (those that did more than stand in one spot) and the other team was very aggressive. Nathan was run over several times and was intentionally pushed down twice. As a result, he said that "the game was terrible". Matt was pretty frustrated at trying to coach as well.

Here is a picture of the team being introduced at the beginning. They make a big deal out of the team running out. They also announce each kid's name.


Because he's playing Upward soccer, the teams pray together before the game. They also have a small devotion at each practice and a testimony after the games.


Here is Nathan getting ready to kick in the ball.


And here is a great example of part of Nathan's difficulty with this game. He was having a hard time separating Daddy from Coach.


I know that this isn't the best video to display Nathan playing, but it's pretty funny. Just keep an eye on the left side of the screen. :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the video! I laughed out loud! I'm glad Sammy's not coaching Jay's team (though he really wants to!). I know Jay would have the same trouble Nathan is having separating Daddy from Coach! :)

Elizabeth A. said...

I laughed, too. I'm sure they'll get more in the swing of things, but I never thought they would play so roughly at that age.

JM said...

I wish I could put up a video that is on the camcorder of Nathan being pushed down. If Matt downloads it one day, maybe I'll share.