Friday, July 11, 2008

disciplining a little one

We have begun to really have to discipline Caroline. I mentioned before that she has had several "battles" over what food to eat. Well, she also doesn't obey very well at times. We want to guide her in the way of obedience. So, she has received two punishments. First, she has started standing in the corner occasionally. Surprisingly, she actually stands there like she is told. I'm so glad! I wouldn't want to have to battle over the punishment as well as the original action. At this point, she is bothered by having to stand in the corner, so I hope that she will start to get the idea. On a few rare occasions, she has also received spankings. Wednesday was one of those days. She just did not want to pick up the blocks that I had told her to clean up. She understood. She just didn't want to do it. She kept walking the other way or laying on the floor...anything to keep from doing it. Well, after she received her spanking, she was all about cleaning up those blocks. She still needed some direction from me to get them all, but she stayed right on it. I know that disciplining her is going to be very different than it was with Nathan. I just hope that we can instill obedience early on so that we don't have as many battles in the future.

1 comment: