Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ice Capades

On Saturday, Matt and I took Nathan ice skating. I started typing out the long version of this story, but let's just leave it at - we didn't think we were going to get to skate, but it all worked out. So, Nathan did lots of slipping and sliding. He wasn't so thrilled. Matt did a lot of skating with him and ended up having a pretty sore back.



I really wanted him to keep trying, though. I didn't want him to give up just because it was hard (life lesson here). At some point, he spotted the slushy drinks that some of the kids had and wanted one. I told him that he could have one if he could figure out how to skate by himself. Well, I wouldn't exactly call it skating, but he did figure out how to move around on the ice by himself. I hope you enjoy the video.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

cute. you know we like to hear long (or short) versions of any story you'd like to tell. Good for nathan at persevering! I remember my first time ice skating looked something like that, except I was 13 and didn't have a slushy drink to look forward to. Did Caroline go with you guys?

JM said...

We didn't take Caroline. It just would have been too much to handle.