Friday, September 21, 2007
one like mom
Nathan is very much like Matt. He looks like Matt. He's smart like Matt. He has a similar personality to Matt. He has now "decided", however, to take after his mother in one area...sleep oddities. That's right. Nathan is a sleep walker and talker. As a child, I (apparently) did lots of walking and talking in my sleep. Now, Nathan is taking up the "skill". About a week ago, around 4:30 in the morning, we heard a little Nathan knock on our bedroom door. When he didn't come in after a few tries of telling him to, Matt went to check on him. He was found in his bed...sound asleep. Last night, after I went to bed, I heard him making talk-like sounds. I went in to find him sound asleep. I tried to talk to him but did not get a intelligible response. After going back to bed, I heard him say a sentence similar to what I would hear him saying to William during his down time. He made just a couple more sounds so I went back to ask him if he needed to go to the bathroom (when I would sleep walk, my mom would take me to the bathroom and put me back to bed). When I asked, he gave me a clear "no". So, I let him be. I might should have taken him ,though, since he didn't make it through the night dry. We'll see if he gets to be as good at sleep walking as I once was. One of my last adventures (and probably the most memorable) was out the garage door at home, around through the back gate, past the pool, and up to the back door where I banged until my poor frightened parents let me in...all while asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're poor parents. Thank goodness you didn't fall in the pool.
Post a Comment