Tuesday, September 25, 2007

going to the park

Last week the kids and I headed out to the park that is just around the corner from our house. It has cooled off around here, so I hope to be able to do more outside. Here are a few pictures from our outing. This first one is a just a random shot of Nathan.



Nathan has gotten much bolder about his climbing lately. He's not nearly as cautious as he used to be. This day, two other kids came over to play on the same thing. One of them was a little boy a bit older than Nathan. He zipped right on up to the top and encouraged Nathan to do the same. Part of me wanted to tell Nathan not to do it while another part wants to be careful about stopping him from adventuring beyond what he knows he can do. Luckily, he decided not to try it. I was relieved.



Nathan's favorite part of just about any park trip is the sand. He loves to play with sand. His favorite part, though, is putting the sand on the playground equipment. I have never figured out why this is so thrilling but I figure if it works for him, he might as well have fun!



Caroline took her first trip in a swing. Nathan, of course, wanted to help. He pushed her for just a little while. He preferred, however, to make her swivel side to side and back and forth. Caroline thought that was pretty fun, too. She wasn't overly thrilled about the swing, but she was content to just hang out in it for awhile.



3 comments:

j.j. said...

Funny about Nathan playing with the sand. Lydia doesn't know what to think of it. She doesn't like to be barefoot in the sand! It is still getting up around 90 here...crazy! I'm ready for fall to get here so we can play outside more as well.

Elizabeth said...

Great pictures of Caroline in the swing. We ate lunch outside today because the weather was mild -- so nice to be able to do that!

JM said...

Jen, when I said "cooled off", I meant mid-80's as opposed to 90's and 100's. It's actually occasionally bearable to be outside. :) I'll be glad when we get to 70's!