Caroline rolled over back to front yesterday. Yay! I figured it was coming because for several days she would roll to her side. She just didn't roll the rest of the way. It doesn't seem to be a fluke either. She did it several times yesterday and once already today.
Nathan has continued to wear underwear and do pretty well. He stays dry about 75% of the time for naps and about 50% at night. However, he hasn't been doing so well at night over the last week. I'm pretty confident that he goes either as he is starting to wake up in the morning or just before...and that wakes him up. So, this morning, Matt got Nathan up early and took him to the bathroom. Nathan was dry, went, and stayed dry. So, we may just have to try that for a little while until he gets into the routine of getting up and going. I keep thinking "maybe we should just go back to diapers at night". He hasn't worn a diaper in about a month, though, so I hate to go back. I'm just getting really good at washing sheets and quilts!
3 comments:
Yikes!!!!! Does that mean you wash his sheets and quilt almost every other day. I never thought about it, but I guess potty training is more like training for mom than for kid. In patience, laundry, creative teaching, etc. Can you go to pull ups or something that look more underwearish but might be easier on the sheets? Or you could just make him wear rubber pants.
Yep. Luckily, he has three sets of sheets and the quilts don't always get wet. He mainly uses the quilt that is like Caroline's so it's pretty easy to wash.
When we first did potty training, we used training pants and plastic underwear and they did very well. However, these accidents don't bother me as much since I can just throw everything in the wash. If it were getting on the carpet, things would be much different. We stick with just underwear because I KNOW he can do it with just a little determination. At this point, I think the plastic underwear would tell him that I don't think he can do it. (We never did do the pullup thing...they're just too much like diapers in my opinion.)
You know, unless a kid really takes to potty training easily, I think it takes a lot of creativity as well as really knowing your child. Actually, that's true with many things...getting over attachment issues, learning to eat certain foods, discipline...
I admire you for sticking to it at night-- even though it means extra laundry for you.
We are in the middle of potty training during the day. I don't buy the pull-ups b/c diapers are still cheaper. Lydia usually knows when she has to go and she will sometimes tell me.Then there are the days when she says she has to go every 30 minutes and...nothing. There are also the times where I know she needs to go, but she is scared to. Oh well. Right now we are taking a laid back approach. =)
Post a Comment