Monday, May 28, 2007

success, schedule, and snuggles

Success: Nathan is making good progress toward being entirely potty trained. He's been potty trained during the day for well over a year now, but he just wasn't interested in staying dry when he slept. Every once in a while, he would decide to try, but it never lasted long. Well, I think I finally hit upon an effective reward. Trains! There are two trains that Nathan has really been wanting - Donald and Douglas. They are twin engines. Well, I told him back toward the beginning of the month that if we stayed dry for seven naps in a row he could have Donald. And if he stayed dry for seven nights in a row he could have Douglas. I am happy to report that he has now earned Donald. Yay! We are still working on Douglas. He has been successful about 50% of the time. At least to some degree, when we eat supper (and thus, when he last drinks) is affecting it. Anyway, we keep up with his successes on these calendars (the first is for naps and the second for nights):




Schedule: Here is Caroline's basic schedule these days...well, if we were actually home all day this is about how it would go.

8:00 - get up and eat
9:30 - sleep
11:00 - get up and eat
12:00 - sleep
3:00 - get up and eat
4:30 - sleep
6:00 - get up and eat
7:45 - top off for the night (eat)
8:00 - sleep for the night

Snuggles: Caroline is so sweet to snuggle with these days. I don't really know what it is, but her size and ability to hold herself just makes a difference. Holding her up against me is just yummy!

4 comments:

j.j. said...

Way to go Nathan! I know some parents who say that potty training was their least favorite thing to go through with their kids. It seems like it can be so different for each child. Sounds like the chart and goal of a "prize" is working great for Nathan.

Elizabeth said...

I love the chart and those huge stickers! Congratulations, Nathan! You are really becoming such a big boy!

Grandma (Nancy) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma (Nancy) said...

Caroline snuggles best with her Grandma!!