Wednesday, April 11, 2007

the lastest on the littlest

Caroline has become a WONDERFUL night sleeper! She is now regularly sleeping around 8.5 hours at night. Yay! I feed her at 10:00 and then she is asleep by 10:30 or so. She has been waking up around 7:15 or so. On occasion she'll get up earlier (6ish) or later (8ish), but 7:15 is probably the average. I am so glad to not be getting up in the middle of the night. We've already backed the last night feeding up to 10:00 from 10:30, but we'll probably keep heading that direction.

She continues to interact with us more and more. She loves to smile and "talk" to people. She really likes for people to talk to her. I definitely think she's on her way to being an extrovert. Maybe Matt and I can get a video up before too long.

Caroline has found her hand over the last couple weeks. At first she began by licking at her closed fist. Eventually, though, she began to get her fingers or thumb in her mouth. Most often, she finds her fingers. When she sucks on them in her bed, she really smacks on them. It's funny to listen to her. She seems to get comfort from it, though.

As a very simple wrap-up...Caroline is definitely a different child than Nathan...even at this young age.

Here's a new picture:

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

She looks really grown up in her "sweat suit." Yeah for Sleeping! I never knew how much I relied on sleep until it was taken away from me!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, did Nathan not sleep well for awhile?

j.j. said...

What is Caroline's birthday? I know you are thankful to get a decent night's sleep again. I'm already "worried" about that part of bringing home a new baby!

JM said...

Nathan slept pretty well. Around 5 weeks he was sleeping 5 hours and by 9 weeks he was sleeping 7 or 8 (best I recall without looking). I just wasn't so sure how Caroline would do because we couldn't get her on a regular schedule as early because of her reflux.

Caroline's birthday is 1/23. Jen, will Ben be able to stay home with you after the baby is born? That really helped me in the early weeks. Matt can't handle getting up at night very well, but he could help me get a break during the day.