Monday, February 26, 2007

consequences and songs

As parents, we have the ability/responsibility to make rules and consequences. Sometimes, though, it's just not fun to deliver the consequences. It is a beautiful day today in Warner Robins. We all went for a walk this morning (Caroline strapped onto me in a carrier and Nathan in a stroller). After lunch, I kept thinking that it would be nice to get out a little more. So, we planned to go to the park and delay Nathan's naptime for a little while. While we were getting ready to go, I told Nathan that he shouldn't open the door until I told him to do so and if he did we weren't going to go to the park. He's getting bad about heading out before we're quite ready. Matt in particular really doesn't like when he does that. Well, after getting ready for a little while...yep...he opened the door. So, we didn't get to go to the park. It made me sad because I thought it would be nice to get out. The good thing, though, is that it made Nathan upset that we weren't going. I say that it's good because sometimes Nathan doesn't seem to be too bothered by his consequences. Anyway, the point is that sometimes it's just not fun to have to stick to the consequences that you set up...but it's good to follow through.

On a completely separate note, Nathan really likes to sing. I have recorded some of Nathan's songs (some by request) so that you can all hear them. Each link below will go to a different song:

A New Version of The ABC's

Jesus Loves Me

The Wise Man Built His House Upon a Rock

A Nathan Original: Jesus Died On The Cross (see lyrics below)

I've Been Working On The Railroad

Trains Can Take Us Anywhere (the theme song from a video that Nana found)

B-I-N-G-O

In case you can't understand it, here are the lyrics from Nathan's original song titled "Jesus Died On The Cross".

Jesus died on the cross
and he was buried
and he went to life
and he went back to Heaven

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Wow, those songs are so cute. My favorite. . well, they were all my favorites. Where does he learn songs from? Do you have CDs or are these songs he's heard at home from you guys. So funny that foolish comes out at "tish or tush man" who builds his house upon the "tand." And, I don't think I'd ever heard the ending of "and the house went "crash!" In my version the house goes tumbling down! Crash is much more fun for a boy, though. Thanks for the listen.

JM said...

We have some cd's that we listen to in the car. He also hears some of them at church. Oh yeah...and there is a video that my parents have that he's also watched at church. He seems to pick songs up really quick, though.

I think one of my favorite mispronunciations (sp?) of his at the moment is how he says "foolish". I've heard several different versions of what the house does. I'm not sure that any that he's heard actually says "crash". I think he may have decided that was best all on his own. :)

Ldani said...

I love the "I Did it!" at the end of I've Been Working on the Railroad. All of them were super cute.