Monday, February 01, 2010

Caroline's Birthday Party

This year, Caroline's birthday fell on a Saturday, so we had her party that day. There were two major themes for this party - cupcakes and purple. After most of the decorations were finished, Caroline made two requests. First, she wanted to have "squiggle squaggles...but not like the ones at Nana's house." I figured that curling ribbon hung from the ceiling and laying on the table qualified. The second request was one blue balloon for Daddy, one red balloon for Nathan, and lots and lots of purple balloons. Check (well, except Nathan had to go for orange because we were out of red).

(In case you are wondering, the "squiggle squaggles" at Nana's house were strange lights on the wall at night caused by the candle in the window shining through the blinds.)


We had cupcake plates, cupcake napkins, cupcake cookies, and actual cupcakes - in pink and purple.


If you can see down the table, you'll see Caroline's special spot with purple glittery stickers and a special purple cup.


Grandma and Nana got in on the purple action, too.


Even Grandaddy and Granddad were purple-ish.


What a silly boy with his orange balloon tied around his head!


Here is Caroline's special cupcake - purple cake, purple icing, and cupcake candles.


I think she looks so old here. It'll be interesting to pull this one back out in about 10 years and see how similar she looks.


Blowing out the candles...


Nathan wrapped his own present for Caroline (in a baby food container). It was three dollars. He loves his sisters! It's so fun to see him start to get in on the gift giving action completely on his own.


Mema bought Caroline this balloon special for her birthday. She had seen the mylar balloons in Publix several times and wanted one. Mema found her the biggest balloon that they make, I think. In addition, when you hit it, it plays "Happy Birthday" in a very upbeat and dancy way. Caroline loved it! And see that hat that she's wearing? That's her gift from Uncle Sean and Aunt Lisa. It even has three candles on it. And last but not least, her skirt was made by Mommy. She picks out fabric all the time and this is one that she liked...just perfect for a cupcake party.



And that, my friends, makes us caught up. Next up, a written update on the kids.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow -- good job on catching up!

Caroline's party looks so great! I love the decorations on the purple table cloth & those cupcake cookies. That was a clever find (or did you make them?)

JM said...

Thanks Liz! I traded a kid's bookbag for the cookies. (The last one I put on FB.)

Jenn said...

So sad that we miss everything! I hate living so far away. We would have loved to have taken part in the purple festivities. I can't believe she's 3. What a wonderful and beautiful girl! Miss you all!