Monday, April 04, 2011

Our Day - part 1

Don't judge the quality of these pictures, but I thought you might enjoy a peak into a "typical" day at our house.

When Nathan gets up in the morning, he watches some cartoons. If the girls are up, they join him. After eating breakfast, they generally play something together (and get dressed along the way).


At 9:00 we start school. Here Nathan and I are starting with some history reading.


On this particular day, the girls start with cleaning up the playroom.


After reading, Nathan moves on to math - first with Mommy and then some alone.


And the girls continue to clean (slowly)...


Occasionally there's the need for a potty break.


Here Nathan is working on learning to type.


Finally the girls are finished cleaning and move on to playing (and important things like putting on socks).


After typing, Nathan moves to his room for a short Bible reading and journaling. Oh...and in between he added some verses to his Bible verse box.


Today, we play battleship (a little strategy lesson?) and I have some help.


Eventually, the girls are booted out of Battleship and pick up a game of Candy Land on their own.


And then Nathan and I do a little more reading to fill our time before lunch.


Lunchtime...choo...choo... Nathan helps by making Sara's sandwich.


And Caroline works on making her lunch.


Coming Soon...lunch to bedtime.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Love it! Makes me want to come visit.