Saturday, May 02, 2009

a trip to the air show

Today, we spent most of the day at the air show over at the base. It was overcast in the morning, but the sun came out and made for a pretty (and hot) day in the afternoon. We watched all kinds of planes and helicopters fly. We even went in a couple. Here are a couple pictures of everybody from the day. I'll probably put some of the airplanes up over on my blog soon...and maybe a video or two, too.

Here are Granddad and Caroline watching some of the planes.


When the fighter planes flew, we had to cover everyone's ears. They were LOUD!


Here's Nathan inside a C-17.


We watched the Thunderbirds practice the last two days as they flew over our house. Nathan had a list of questions that I told him to take to the air show. I thought we might be able to find somebody with the Thunderbirds and he could ask. We happened to see a few of the crew and they were very nice to take pictures with Nathan as well as answer his questions.


Grandma bought the kids their own airplanes. Nathan was very proud of having his very own Thunderbird.


I think running and playing may have been one of the best parts of the day. What do you think?


Grandma took care of Sara while the Thunderbirds flew. Sara slept.


Here are Nathan and Caroline watching the Thunderbirds with Daddy.


Yum yum! Chips! And a sweaty little girl.


I managed to catch a smile from Sara while Grandma had her after the show. I'll keep working on trying to get some more for you all the enjoy.

No comments: