This is the first picture taken of Sara after she was delivered.

And here is the first time Mommy got to see her - a few minutes afterwards.

Here you can see that she weighed in at 9 lbs, 7.7 oz. - a big baby.

Then, they finished checking her out while Daddy snapped off lots of pictures. Yay Daddy!

Later in the day (after waiting for them to decide that she was warm enough), Sara got to meet Nathan and Caroline. Caroline wasn't entirely sure about all that was going on - new baby, Mommy in a hospital bed who couldn't really be touched, etc. She was better later in the day when she made her second visit. Nathan was excited from the beginning and was glad to finally meet the baby that he's been talking to inside Mommy's belly.



Here are a couple close-up shots of Sara during our time at the hospital.


Here is how Sara and Daddy spent her second day of life - really, this is where they were almost all day. They both loved it!

I LOVE how little newborns (even the big ones) look when they're not wearing very many clothes. And I LOVE it when they sleep on me like this!

Welcome to the land of the Moseley Kiddos, Sara!
6 comments:
taking a big breath as I read. . . especially that last pic of you & Sara, Jennifer. I remember that little scrunched up way they lay on you.
we have 0 pics of the delivery of Kate. I don't think we even thought about the camera in all the craziness of that morning. Alas.
It would have been hard for us to forget the camera. I had been saying for weeks that if I went into labor quickly, we didn't have to take anything but a camera. :) I do think that Matt had to be reminded to get to using it, though. :)
That post JUST ABOUT made me want to have another one....just about, but not entirely. :) You forget how TINY they are! Kiss Sara's sweet head for me! :) That's my favorite baby part--peach fuzz snuggly soft little head! :)
She's beautiful and we can't wait to meet her!
The other thing I just noticed is that you are wearing glasses in the OR. I didn't even think/know (maybe it wasn't) an option. So, even when they "showed" Kate to me in a VERY drugged state, I couldn't really see her.
Elizabeth, since it was the middle of the morning, I had my glasses on when I got to the hospital. They made sure that I had my jewelry off and no contacts in, but never mentioned my glasses. I'm glad that I had them so I could see a little bit. That laying around in the OR would have been even more boring if I couldn't have seen anything!
Post a Comment