Tuesday, March 24, 2009

first "bath"

On Friday, Sara had her first "bath" at home. She did very well. She didn't cry at all until we were drying her off. Mommy gave the bath. Daddy took pictures and video. And Caroline enjoyed watching.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

cute pics. I remember that first bath -- my mom gave it to K b/c I was kind of freaked out by holding someone that small when they were all slippery wet. I wonder if I'll have the same tentative feelings 2nd time round. Did it feel any different than your last two "first" baths?

Elizabeth said...

also -- how are you doing, Jennifer? Pain? oh, and I meant cute "pic."

JM said...

I think it seems a little more routine this time. And I think both of the other two screamed the whole time so this was much calmer. :)

I'm doing very well. No pain at this point. I'm still taking it easy and moving slowing just to be careful, though. Thanks for asking.

Elizabeth A. said...

Glad you're up and about and she's a calm baby, maybe she senses a calm and practiced mommy.

j.j. said...

Remind us how much your other two babies weighed at birth? Sara looks so big to me as I'm used to seeing my own babies who were 2# lighter!! (Not to mention Kate who was under 6# and looked TINY to me!)

JM said...

Nathan was 7 lbs, 7 oz (at three weeks early). Caroline was 7 lbs (at three days early). Sara was 9 lbs, 7.7 oz (at one day late).

jennjenn said...

I am jealous of your pants in the picture!

JM said...

Walmart...men's section...so comfortable!!