Thanksgiving afternoon/early evening, we spent quite a while picking up pecans at Grandma and Granddad's house. I helped for a long time, but when my pregnant body got tired on leaning over and squatting down, I went in for the camera. (Please excuse the blur and change of color...I was playing with camera setting and the light was getting low.) Everyone picked up lots of pecans...except Caroline. She helped some, but mostly she just ate. Granddad shelled quite a few pecans for her. There was also lots of tree shaking going on. I didn't have a good picture to really show what happened, but Daddy and Granddad would grab onto limbs and cause a downpour (hail storm?) of pecans from the tree. It was a nice afternoon activity and there were LOTS of pecans to show for it.
1 comment:
Boy am I envious...We pay ridiculous amounts of money up here for any part of a pecan.
Post a Comment