Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas decorating

The day after Thanksgiving, we got out the Christmas decorations. We don't usually get started so early, but with Nathan's Birthday party the next weekend, it would be two more weeks before we got to it. So, we took the plunge so we could enjoy the decorations longer. I asked Matt to take a picture of the tree on top of the van before he took it down to set up. Apparently, Nathan wanted in the picture. :)


It's so nice to see Daddy and Nathan working together on a project. Nathan is old enough now that he can really help!


And he did lots of helping. Here, they are tightening the tree stand. I think Nathan did as much tightening as Daddy did.


After decorating the big tree (which I did not document in picture form), we moved on to the little tree that the kids could have in their rooms. It was originally set up in Caroline's room, but will probably live in Nathan's room part of the time as well.


I tried to get a picture of the kids with their decorated tree, but this is what I got. Lots of pictures with weird Nathan smiles and silly acting Caroline.


At least I did catch a pretty good one at the end...just not with the tree.

2 comments:

Ldani said...

I think you got enough of the tree in the last one to tell that it is a Christmas tree.

Elizabeth said...

Your kids are so cute! Caroline just cracks me up -- what a fun personality.

What a great idea of a tree for their room. I put this Christmas tree candle in Kate's room for her, but she doesn't have the personal connection w/ it of having decorated it. Maybe next year!