Thursday, April 10, 2008
starting school
It's official. Next August, Nathan will start school. We decided a while back that it would really be best for him to have somewhere to go and something regular to do during the week. School seemed the natural choice. After weighing the options, we decided to send him to a church school. As much as anything, we didn't think the change from being home all the time to gone all day every day would be best. It's also a hard thing to turn your child over to people who you don't know. Anyway, as of right now, he will be going three days a week just for the mornings. If a spot opens up, he'll go five days a week. Our church has school for 2 through 5 year olds, but we decided that he needed a change in venue. Everything he has done to this point has been at church and mostly with the same kids. We thought it would be good for him to go to a different place and be around different kids. So...that's the plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow -- that's exciting & scary at the same time! How far away is the school? 3 days sounds good. Do they have separate teachers for the 3 day a week & 5 day a week program? (that's just a curiosity question). Nathan's growing up! He'll love school, I think. Several of our friends around here have similar aged children & are sending them off this next fall, too. One of the moms already has a countdown!
how exciting! does that mean you'll go school supplies shopping? that is one of my absolute most favorite things to do (I can't explain it, it just is). is nathan excited? i bet it will be good for him :)
Erin's comment is so great. I used to love going school supply shopping. I still have to do a little of that each year as a teacher. :-)
Liz, the school is only about 5 minutes from the house. There are different teachers for the 3 and 5 day. They have class at the same time. There are two 3 day classes and two 5 day classes.
Lots of people around here start their kids at 2 or 3. We didn't think he needed to rush into school, though. He'll be doing it for many years to come. This time around, though, I think he really needs it.
Erin, maybe you should take Nathan shopping for his school supplies when the time comes. I'm not sure I want to get out in the crowds!
Post a Comment