Friday, March 21, 2008
painted lady
Mema and Papa gave Nathan a Painted Lady Butterfly caterpillar. Their church gives them to the kids to watch and then lets a bunch of them go on Easter morning. Well, the one Nathan got almost immediately became a chrysalis after he arrived at our house. We've been keeping an eye on it. On Wednesday, we moved it from the little cup it was in to a larger jar where it would have room when it emerged. It wasn't so fond of the move. In the process, it began flinging itself back and forth violently. I was actually a little afraid that I had hurt it. It eventually calmed down. I think it was just "protecting" itself. Anyway, I was hoping that we would be able to watch it emerge, but...last night while we slept, it became a butterfly. Around lunch time, he was fluttering around the jar, so we decided to let him go. He was pretty. Now we're in the process of making pictures to remember it. Kids are funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a neat idea! An example in nature of a "resurrection" indeed!
That's a great picture.
Post a Comment