The story behind the story: One of the shows on PBS that Nathan really likes is Word Girl. Unfortunately, it doesn't come on around here very often. Well, he decided a while back that he would like to read a Word Girl book. We asked at the library, but they didn't have one. I looked online, but it doesn't look like they make any. Well, fast forward a bit...for Christmas (I think...could have been birthday) the Murrays gave Nathan a book making kit. Nathan decided that he would write his own Word Girl book. We finally made the time to get it out this week. The video above is the resulting book.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Word Girl Book
Presenting...the first book written and illustrated by our very own Nathan Eli Moseley! (make sure your sound is turned up)
The story behind the story: One of the shows on PBS that Nathan really likes is Word Girl. Unfortunately, it doesn't come on around here very often. Well, he decided a while back that he would like to read a Word Girl book. We asked at the library, but they didn't have one. I looked online, but it doesn't look like they make any. Well, fast forward a bit...for Christmas (I think...could have been birthday) the Murrays gave Nathan a book making kit. Nathan decided that he would write his own Word Girl book. We finally made the time to get it out this week. The video above is the resulting book.
The story behind the story: One of the shows on PBS that Nathan really likes is Word Girl. Unfortunately, it doesn't come on around here very often. Well, he decided a while back that he would like to read a Word Girl book. We asked at the library, but they didn't have one. I looked online, but it doesn't look like they make any. Well, fast forward a bit...for Christmas (I think...could have been birthday) the Murrays gave Nathan a book making kit. Nathan decided that he would write his own Word Girl book. We finally made the time to get it out this week. The video above is the resulting book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is the cutest thing ever! I'm just in awe that he did all that and then the reading by the author. It's just amazing.
Nathan, good job! Aunt Lisa is very proud of you.
In case it's not obvious to all reading, he did have a guiding hand in the process...and a speller.
How cute! I love the idea of a book making kit -- it even had little pop outs. My favorite part is where he tells what Word Girl will do tomorrow. But, she's not so worried that she can't go to bed that night!
Great job, Nathan. I can't wait to read more books by that great author! You did wonderful reading, too!
I love it! From one Word Girl fan to another, that was awesome! :o)
He is so smart. Does he know how to write all his letters from memory? (If you spell "knocked" for him, does he write it down without help?)What a cute gift idea. I didn't know there was such a thing.
Do you think he memorized the story, or was he reading it?
GREAT job Nathan!
Jen, he has been writing his letters for a long time. Letters were one of the first things that he really got interested in learning. (He still struggles a little with writing numbers.) I think he mostly memorized the story...hence some of the words being wrong in his reading. He CAN read the words, but he's not so keen on the work it takes to actually read.
Post a Comment