Monday, February 11, 2008

time changes things


All dressed up for church - and having to look into the sun - how do we deal with this camera happy Mommy?


We have a few new happenings around here. First off, last Wednesday was the last day that Caroline nursed. We had passed the one year mark, so it was about time. I actually thought that we may stop several weeks back because I was having some problems, but I just wasn't ready. This time, however, I was. I was motivated to go ahead and stop because I am taking prednisone (a steroid) for my poison ivy/oak/whatever. I didn't really want to feed that to my child. Anyway, Caroline has seemed to adjust pretty well.

On Nathan's side, for a very long time he has slept with two blankets and William. The blankets are not specific (though there are favorites - the ones with the "right" kind of tags), but there have always been two. Several times lately, he has decided to leave either his blankets or William in the playroom. As parents, it's kinda sad to see him begin to leave this stage. However, we also don't want him to still be sleeping with them when he's 15!

As the kids grow up and we leave certain stages, we feel a sense of sadness. Our little ones will never be this little again. We remember, though, that we are grooming them to be adults. We have to keep them moving toward being the people that God created them to be. It's such a huge task - overwhelming at times. But it is a calling most great!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

They are growing up so fast! It's so sad but so fun all at once.

Elizabeth said...

Kate loves to look at N & C picture on the fridge. She points back & forth several times before moving on to the rest of our Christmas card collection. It's one of her favorite fun things to do in the kitchen.

Ldani said...

One of the things I hate most about being out here is only seeing the changes via the interent so thanks for keeping the updates coming.

j.j. said...

That is a great picture of them! I can imagine what you describe with Nathan and his blankies and William. One day, we'll be there with Lydia, and I'm sure it will be weird!