Wednesday, October 24, 2007

new pictures

Last week, both of my kids needed a bath. No news there, right. Well, when I give Caroline a bath, Nathan wants to help. When I give Nathan a bath, Caroline wants to play in the water. So, I decided to give them simultaneous baths this time. Unless I'm wrong, this is the only one they have had together. I thought it was worth a picture.


About two weeks ago, Caroline started walking while holding hands. We had tried to get her to do it a few times, but she just wasn't interested in moving her feet. As seems to often hold true for kids, she just decided to do it one day...and hasn't stopped. Before, when I put her down, she would easily sit on the floor. Now, however, when I go to put her down, she positions herself to be standing. She will walk all over the house exploring. Nathan has watched us help her walk around and wants to help as well. The first time, he tried to make her walk. We had to explain to him that he was only there to help support her and that he had to let her go wherever she wanted. He does a pretty good job, now.


Today, it is a bit chilly outside. So, I decided to let Caroline wear her shoes for the first time. When I initially tried to put them on, she curled up her toes and made it very hard. Later, she sat and checked out these new things on her feet.


There's not really a story to go along with this picture. It's just Nathan sitting at the table eating a snack.


...and here is Caroline hanging out at the mirror.

5 comments:

Ldani said...

What great stories and pictures! I really like the one of Nathan helping Caroline walk. What a sweet big brother.

Elizabeth said...

All really cute! I love the bath pictures. I really want one of those tunnels. It would make a good Christmas/birthday present.

Lawrence said...

Elizabeth, the tunnels are available at Toys 'R Us (I thought that's where Mom got ours from, but I didn't post before when you asked about them because I never got around to confirming it). I'm pretty sure this is the one we have:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2541910

From the search I did, there seemed to be quite a few choices, from see-through to extra long to camo.

j.j. said...

Lydia would love a tunnel. Is yours really big? Does it fold up or collapse with relative ease?

Lawrence said...

Sorry, that link got cut off for some reason. Try this Toys R Us tunnel.

j.j., our tunnel is 6' long, which takes up a good bit of space. Fortunately, it does collapse like a spring, and it's pretty easy to do. I don't think it would clutter your living room too badly depending on what else is out at the time.