What to write about Caroline? She's my girl. Very much girl. But not over the top. She loves purple. Really. Loves. Purple. Have you seen her clothes drawer? Purple. And if it's not purple, it's unloved. If it's not purple, it only gets worn if she can't find purple. And since she dresses herself completely, I can't complain. But I do have to remind her sometimes that there is, in fact, something she can wear in her drawer...it's just not purple. :)
Caroline loves her big brother and her little sister. Nathan entertains her and shows her how to play and she follows right along. Sara watches her and loves to laugh with her (and pull her hair). Caroline rarely plays by herself. She's usually in the room with somebody. Honestly, if she's by herself for very long I start wondering what she's up to. But often when she does play alone, I'll find her going through her play jewelry. She picks out the ones she likes best (the ones with elastic and beads) and will put most of them on...all at one time. I don't think I have a picture, but I'll try to get one soon.
She also likes to color. She still scribbles, but she scribbles mostly inside the lines of a picture. She does a little drawing, but it's not really her thing. She'd usually rather color a picture.
She loves to fill bags with things...jewelry, a collection of toys, a few things to go in the van...most anything. It's not unusual for her to come into the room and declare that she has things for some sort of event or pretend play...like a birthday party. I think birthday parties are her favorite.
Caroline is a talker. Of course, she can't get a word in edgewise when Nathan is around, but when she can... She uses her words very well. She has always picked up words and phrases quickly. She talks as well as most any adult. It's funny to me to be around kids her age who don't really talk all that much or have nearly the vocabulary that she does. She's been so different from Nathan in this area that it's been fun to watch it develop.
That's all that's coming to me at the moment. If I think of things later today or tomorrow, I'll add them here.
No comments:
Post a Comment