Yesterday, Nathan started Kindergarten. He is going back to the same school where he went last year. He will still only go half days, but he will be there five days a week instead of three. Nathan was all good to go until we actually walked through the door of the school. Then, he grabbed onto my hand and held on tight. He never said anything, but he wasn't ready to let go. Once we got to his room and I got him settled at his seat, he said "Bye, Mommy" and off I went (right after taking a few pictures). As best I can tell, Kindergarten will be much more structured and "school-like" than his pre-K was last year. Two of his friends from his class last year are in his class again and one friend from church is also in his class. I think he's going to like it.

Caroline wanted to get in on the picture taking as well. No being left out for her!

Here is Nathan and his new teacher, Mrs. Jackson.

And here is his class before all the parents left (including me, of course).

I took his picture by the school sign again this year, so I thought it would be fun to see how he's changed in a year. The funny thing is that he is wearing the same shorts in both pictures. He's grown up but not out apparently. Every time I compare pictures from the year before, I have to admit to myself that my baby is growing up.
1 comment:
I can't believe he's in "real" school! he's getting so big :) thanks for the pictures!
Post a Comment