Sunday, November 06, 2011

a couple quotes

The other day, we were walking through Walmart and Nathan and Caroline were having a conversation of some sort.  Here's the part I caught:

Caroline:  You and me can get married.
Nathan:  No, people who are related can't get married.
Caroline:  Well, I just need to find somebody to marry who is a Georgia Tech and not smoky.

What qualifications!

Then, today, I was talking to Sara and our conversation went something like this:

Me:  Are you my sweet girl.
Sara:  Yes.  God likes it when I'm sweet.
Me:  Yes, He does.
Sara:  God lives in Heaven.
Me:  Yep.
Sara:  Where do I live?
Me:  You live on Earth.
Sara:  Where do you live?
Me:  I live on Earth.
Sara:  Daddy lives at work.
Me:  No, Daddy lives on Earth, too.

It's always so funny to me to hear how their little brains work and what they are or aren't comprehending correctly.

1 comment:

Grandma (Nancy) said...

The other day, Nathan asked me (at Sonny's) if I had any candy. I told him no, I didn't. Then very kindly said, "Well, Grandma, when are you going to get more reliable?" He and I both laughed!